tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup bulgur 2 Kirby cucumbers, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the salmon with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes. Using a fork, flake the salmon into large pieces.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the bulgur with 2 cups boiling water. Let stand until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain the bulgur and return it to the bowl. Toss the cucumbers, parsley, mint, onion, lemon juice, the remaining tablespoon of oil, ? teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Gently fold in the salmon.
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes