Wouldn’t it be nice if first responders, companions or neighbors knew your senior parents medical conditions in the event of a medical emergency? How many baby boomers can’t look in on their aging parents on a daily basis but still need to be responsible for their well being and safety?
If a first responder were summoned to help your aging parent, wouldn’t it be helpful for them to know the answers to these questions?
- What are their current medical issues?
- What prescriptions are they currently taking?
- What family members should they contact and how do they reach them?
- Where are their vital papers (living wills, medical power of attorney, insurance)?
- Who will watch over their pets?
Myimportantinformation.net is a fee-based online service that can assist you and your parents in these times of need. For a yearly fee of $30 this service will provide your loved ones a medical alert refrigerator card, window stickers, wallet cards and complete medical information in one convenient, easy to access location.
How does it work?
- You or your parents subscribe online and enter their vital data. Either you or your parents can update this online information easily at any time.
- You request their personal ID cards.
- Myimportantinformation.net sends you two “refrigerator cards”, a wallet card and a window sticker to inform first responders.
Find out more by going online at: www.myimportantinformation.net
Article contributed by BabyBoomer-Magazine.com