Now a days, when ordering water at a restaurant it is pretty common to have a slice of lemon garnish your glass. But did you know there are healthy benefits from having lemon in your glass of water? The enzymes that are packed into just a bit of lemon help people in so many ways, from preventing colds to helping shed those extra pounds. Having one simple glass of water with lemon will help build up resistance to so many things as well as give you the start of a healthy routine. Here are a few benefits from just adding lemon to a glass of water.
1. Lemons are high in vitamin C and potassium, which will boost your immune system and help you fight a cold. The lemon packed full of vitamin C will help neutralize free radicals which are associated with aging and disease. Potassium is good for your heart, kidneys and any of your bodily organs, so drinking the glass of water is a good thing.
2. Pectin Fiber, a soluble dietary fiber, is high in lemons. This is what helps someone shed those pesky pounds because it helps a person fight hunger cravings and gives them a sense of being full. It is also has great antibacterial properties and good for a person’s colon health.
3. Lemon water helps aid in the digestion process. The enzymes in the lemons help stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and help loosen AMA, or toxins, in the digestive tract. The lemons also help decrease the symptoms of heart burn such as gas and bloating. This will also lead to a healthy liver because the enzyme levels will be increased.
4. Pain reducing and an energy boost are another benefit. The lemon and water combo will remove uric acid build up in any joints which is one of the many causes of inflammation, which will in turn lead to less pain. The scent of the lemon in the water has a calming effect and has been shown to reduce anxiety and depression but gives people a burst of citrus which has been shown to make people more energized.
5. Lemons in our water actually help hydrate us better. The lemon will hydrate the lymph system and prevent dehydration and adrenal fatigue and helps our bodies perform all its proper functions as opposed to just having the glass of water.
These are just a few of the benefits! Just one glass of lemon water will give you all these benefits and that’s an amazing thing. Our choices in our daily routines will help us build up our bodies defenses and give our bodies the ability to fight back. So the next time a waiter serves you a glass of water at your favorite restaurant, ask for just a slice or two of lemons.
Written By: Briahna Solares for the 50 Plus Report